Liberon Finishing Oil is a blend of high quality oils for use on all interior wood, turned woodwork and wooden toys. It is suitable for use on work tops, kitchen tables and bathroom furniture and can also be applied to cork, stone and terracotta.
- Nourishes and enhances the color of wood
- Ideal for surfaces requiring a hard wearing and water resistant finish
- Water, heat, alcohol and food acid resistant
- Matt, satin or gloss finish depending upon the number of coats applied
- Suitable for all types of bare wood
- Ideal for kitchens and bathrooms
- EN71 Approved - safe for toys
- Usage : Interior
How to use: Ensure the surface is bare: remove any wax finishes with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover and any varnish finishes with Liberon Fine Wood Stripper. Clean, dry and ensure the surface is dust free. If required stain the wood with Liberon Palette Wood Dye before oiling.
Application: Shake well before use. Apply a coat of Liberon Finishing Oil using a brush or lint-free cotton cloth. Allow the oil to penetrate for up to 10 minutes then wipe off all the excess with a clean lint-free cloth, before the surface dries enough to become sticky. Allow to dry for a minimum of 5 hours and apply more coats as required. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats. The more coats applied the higher the sheen and the more durable the finish will be. For best results gently rub with Liberon Ultra Fine Steel Wool (0000) between coats. Furniture items may be finished with Liberon Black Bison Wax for an improved luster.
Important: Oil finishes bring out the natural colors of timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final color. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for color, compatibility and end result.
Cleaning & maintenance: Surfaces may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used. Surfaces need to be re-oiled once a year or more, depending upon usage.
· Store Liberon Finishing Oil at a temperature above 5°C. Always replace the lid otherwise the oil can deteriorate.
· Oily cloths can self combust. Do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard.
· If the excess is not removed and the surface becomes sticky, wipe with white spirit to remove the sticky film and allow to dry before continuing.
Coverage: 1 L = 10-12 m²
Drying time: Min 5 hours