The ideal acid-free environment for the storage of quilts, cloths, and garments. These kits are suitable for both protein and vegetable fiber materials. The storage boxes provided are made from our exclusive Heritage® Corrugated Board
, the tissues are unbuffered and therefore suitable for all textiles. Box dimensions are outside dimensions. Inside dimensions will be less than those listed.
Each kit contains:
- 2 pairs of cotton inspection gloves to ensure proper handling
- Pamphlet discussing proper storage methods of textiles
- 50 sheets of unbuffered acid-free tissue
- Acid-free archival Heritage storage box
Use what the museums use!
- 100% bleached alpha cellulose
- Without the use of recycled or wooden fibers
- No optical brighteners
- Kappa level: 1 - 2 = lignin-free (TAPPI T 236 om-99)
- pH cold extraction: 8.0 - 9.5 (TAPPI T 509 om-02)
- Alkaline reserve (buffer) > 3% calcium carbonate
- Adhesive: Potato starch, ph 7.0, moisture proof.
ANSI IT 9.16 / ISO 14523-1999 (PAT test)
ISO 9706 - Permanency requirements for paper
ANSI / NISO Z.39.48-1992 Permanence for paper in Library and Archives