Liberon Palette Wood Dyes are ideal for dying / coloring all interior bare wood work, whilst leaving the natural beauty of the grain visible. For use prior to oil, wax, varnish and French polish finishes they are suitable for both soft and hardwoods. Quick and uniform results can be achieved on large and small surfaces such as furniture, floors, doors, cupboards, frames etc and being EN 71 - Part 3 Approved they are safe for use on toys. Available in a range of wood shades, the different colors can be mixed together to create unique shades.
- Water based dye for interior wood work.
- Suitable for use on floors.
- Leaves the grain visible.
- Suitable for use on both hard and soft woods.
- EN 71 approved â€“ safe for toys.
- Endorsed by the Guild of Master Craftsmen.
- Can be mixed with Liberon Natural Finish Varnishes.
- Usage : Interior
Preparation: Assure the surface is thoroughly sanded, dry, bare and free from dust.
Application: Shake well before use. If more than one tin of dye is required to complete the work, mix the tins of dye together to ensure a uniform colour.
Apply the Palette Wood Dye fairly quickly along the grain using a foam applicator or brush. Wipe off excess with a clean, dry, cotton cloth before it dries to even out the colour. On large surfaces such as floors avoid overlap marks by working a small section at a time.
A second coat may be applied after 2 hours if a stronger color is required. More than two coats of dye may affect the final finish.
Important: Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for color, compatibility and end result. Different types of wood produce different results. The color bar may not be a true representation of the actual color.
- Do not mix a water-based dye with a spirit-based dye.
- Wear gloves to avoid staining skin.
- Caution must be taken when using water-based finishes over Liberon Palette Wood Dye. Keep brush strokes to a minimum as over brushing may lift out the color.
- Do not allow to freeze.
Coverage: 250 ml = 2-4 mÂ²
Finish: Ebony, Georgian Mahogany, Victorian Mahogany, Light Oak, Medium Oak, Dark Oak, Tudor Oak, Teak, Walnut, Yew, White
Drying time: Min 2 hours