Leave the cutting to us. Please contact us for a formal quote, or for unusual project quotes.
Pricing is as follows (up to 200 "parent" sheets per item; or 50 "parent" boards):
- Cutting yielding 4 or fewer cut pieces per sheet: $40
- Cutting yielding 5-10 cut pieces per sheet: $45
- Cutting yielding 11-20 cut pieces per sheet: $55
- Cutting yielding 21+ cut pieces per sheet: $70
A few notes:
- Please allow extra time for custom cutting projects. If you have a deadline, please let us know.
- We cannot backcut anything less than 3" (If you need something smaller, please inquire)
- We backcut all cuts: you should allow 1/8" per cut to ensure cleanest possible edges.
- Cutting of more than 200 sheets per item, or 50 boards - contact us for quote.
- We do not ship the waste (offcuts) unless otherwise specified or requested.
Cutting is charged by line item. If you want two different sized papers cut (ie 22"x30" and 26"x40) you will be charged for two cutting fees.
Davey Board parent (30"x41") cut to 11" x 8.5" grain long.
Yield = 9 cut pieces
Davey Board parent (30"x41") cut to 11" x 8.5" grain long, and 11" x 1" grain long.
Yield = 9 of 11"x8.5" and 9 of 11"x1" = 18 total
Glossary of Terms
Backcut (or Backtrim)
The process of cutting a board edge twice to ensure that it is square.
It is natural for the beveled side of a guillotine blade to cut material with a non-square edge. We go back a second time and trim the board to ensure that it is square. This process is referred to as back-cutting or back-trimming.
The full size of the purchased material. For example a sheet of 30” x 41” Davey Board.
The direction in which the fibers of the paper or board run. Grain is indicated on all paper based materials, and is often illustrated using arrows.
The example to the left would be considered grain long, as the grain is running in the longer of the two dimensions.
It is important to consider grain direction when figuring cut yields from a parent sheet.