Wheat Starch RecipeThis recipe has been provided by the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Paper Conservation Dept.
1. Combine 1 part Wheat Starch to 4 parts of de-ionized or distilled water.
2. Let sit, covered, at least one hour.
3. Cook and stir in enamel or glass pot over medium-high heat until thick and translucent (15-25 minutes).
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. Store in a covered jar and place in a cool, dry, dark place for up to one week (longer if sealed into syringes).
6. Before use, push through a strainer twice and dilute with water using a stiff bristle brush until a creamy consistency is obtained.